This refreshing and fun tart recipe can be made as either one 10" tart or as six 4" tartlets. While I reccommend using berries for this recipe, feel free to use whatever fruits are in season or whatever you're in the mood for. Other good fruits for fruit tarts are apricots, plums, peaches, pineapples and pears.
This recipe calls for this Almond Tart Dough, which you can prepare the night before you intend to make the filling to allow for the crusts to cool completely.
Makes one 10" tart or six 4" tartlets
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 Recipe Almond Tart Dough (see head note)
- 1 1/3 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup soymilk powder
- 6 T. cornstarch
- ¼ t. salt
- 4 cups plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 t. vanilla
- ¼ cup vanilla soy yogurt
- 3 cups berries or other fruit of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly oil one 10” tart pan or, alternatively, 6 4” tartlet pans.
2. Roll out the almond tart dough until 1/8”-1/4” thick and fit into the prepared pan(s). Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, cut the dough flush with the edges of the pan. Using a fork, prick several holes in the bottom of the dough, weigh down with pie weights or dried beans, and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the weights or beans and bake for 5-10 minutes more, or until golden brown. Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack while preparing the filling
3. In a small saucepan, combine the sugars, soymilk powder, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in ¼ cup of the almond milk until just combined. Gradually whisk in the remaining almond milk and the vanilla.
4. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens. Stir in the soy yogurt until just incorporated and remove the pan from heat. Pour into a dish, place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the filling, and allow the filling to cool completely.
5. Once the filling is room temperature, pour into the prepared crust(s) and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours. Top with fresh berries of your choice and serve cold.