Cupcakes have been making a major comeback in the culinary world in recent years, served at cookouts and high-end restaurants alike. These cupcakes are rich, decadent and incredibly easy to prepare and transport, which makes them perfect for kids' birthday parties or school parties. Frost these with the dairy-free frosting of your choice, or for an extra-chocolatey and rich dessert, top with dairy-free ganache!
Makes 12 cupcakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- ½ cup soymilk
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cups dark, dairy free chocolate chips
- ½ cup soy yogurt
- 2 T. egg Replacer mixed with 3 T. hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another small bowl, combine the soymilk and apple cider vinegar until just combined and slightly thickened. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the chocolate chips with the soy yogurt. Stirring constantly, cook until the chocolate is just melted and there are no lumps. Remove from heat.
4. Using an electric mixer on high speed, add the chocolate mixture, soymilk mixture and Egg Replacer mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Portion into prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting with dairy-free frosting of choice.