This smoothie is one of my all-time favorites; it's rich, creamy, flavorful, and so lovely and bright. And healthy, too; prepared with fruit, coconut yogurt, nut milk, and just a touch of optional sweetener. And, it's suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan diets. Pretty great.
Feel free to add some protein powder (make sure it's vegan, dairy-free, or gluten-free if these are important to you) for an after workout snack, or toss in other berries, an extra banana, or even a bit of cocoa powder or dark chocolate shavings to change things up. Check out some of the suggested variations below if you're interested in add a little more to your smoothie!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 generous smoothies
- 2 3/4 cups frozen raspberries (unsweetened)
- 1/2 fresh banana
- 1 6-ounce container plain coconut milk yogurt, such as So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt in Plain
- 1 cup plain coconut milk or almond milk, plus more if desired
- 2 T. agave or maple syrup (optional)
- Shredded coconut, for garnishing
1. Place the raspberries, banana, and coconut milk yogurt in a blender an blend well. Add in the coconut or almond milk, a little at a time (and adding more than the 1 cup if desired), until the smoothie is as thick or thin as you like it! Add the sweetener to taste and serve immediately, garnishing with shredded coconut.
- **This recipe is suitable for dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, vegan, and gluten-free and wheat-free diets, but as with any recipe intended for persons with allergies or dietary restrictions, make sure to read all nutritional labels carefully to make sure that there are no hidden dairy-derived ingredients (or gluten, egg, soy or wheat ingredients, if these apply to you) If you decide to go with the protein variation above, pay close attention to ingredients in the protein powder.