This easy fall favorite is wonderful prepared as either a large 9" pudding, but it can also be prepared in individual one-cup ramekins if you'd prefer serving "personal" puddings. If you decide to do this, reduce the oven temperature to 325 F, place the ramekins in a pan filled with hot water that reaches half-way up the sides of the ramekins, and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the puddings emerges clean.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups plain unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 15-oz cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 of 1 12.3-oz block silken tofu, blended until creamy
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 9 1/2 cups 1/2 " bread cubes (from dairy-free bread)
- 1 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 t. cloves
- 1/2 t. ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, plus more for garnishing
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Maple syrup, or dairy-free caramel sauce, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, coconut milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, blended tofu and vanilla until well combined. Fold in the bread cubes, spices, chopped pecans and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Pour mixture into a 9" round cake pan or deep pie dish and let the mixture stand for 20 minutes. Bake for 40 t0 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pudding comes out clean.
3. Serve warm with maple syrup or dairy-free caramel sauce, garnishing with chopped pecans if desired.