Warming and comforting, this apple bread pudding is perfect for the fall and winter months and will fill your home with scents of the season. While these puddings are easy enough for a weeknight dessert, they also have a beautiful home-cooked essence that's perfect for holidays like Thanksgiving and special family dinners.
Makes 2 2-cup puddings or 6 6-oz ramekin puddings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 cups 1/2 " whole-grain bread cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped apple pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 cups plain almond milk
- 1/3 cup and 1 T. agave nectar or maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil two 2-cup heatproof dishes or, alternately, 6 6-ounce ramekins. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the bread cubes, apple pieces, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well mixed. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the almond milk and agave nectar and allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Portion the mixture into the prepared dishes and bake until golden brown, about 30-35 minutes. (If baking ramekin-sized puddings, bake for 15-20 minutes.) Drizzle with syrup and serve warm with a dollop of vegan cinnamon custard, if desired.