This vegan chocolate mousse recipe is a dairy-free favorite, great for filling dairy-free cakes or eating on its own. Feel free to add other flavors besides vanilla to your mousse, like almond or amaretto!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 10-ounce bag dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 12-ounce box firm silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup warm dairy-free chocolate soy milk or almond milk
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/8 t. salt
1. In a double boiler or a stainless steel bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the dairy-free dark chocolate chips. Set aside.
2. In a blender, process the tofu, warm chocolate soy milk, vanilla extract and salt until smooth and creamy. Add the melted chocolate chips and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl or individual serving glasses and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set. Serve.