These are some of my absolute favorite vegan cupcakes--the pumpkin keeps them moist without making them dense, and the fall spices are always a treat.
- ¼ cup plain almond milk or soy milk
- 1 t. cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ginger
- ½ t. nutmeg
- ½ t. salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 Recipe Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
2. In a small cup, combied the almond milk (or soy milk) and vingear. Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, canola oil, vanilla and almond milk-vinegar mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined. Divide the batter into the cups, filling each liner about ¾ full. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake emergest clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting with vegan cream cheese frosting.