These cupcakes are so much fun, and surprisingly light. Feel free to top your cupcakes with any frosting you like, though I prefer this Dairy-Free Coconut Frosting for my cupcakes!
Makes about 16 cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 stick dairy-free soy margarine, cold
- 1 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 T. Egg Replacer powder combined with 1/4 c. hot water
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line sixteen muffin/cupcake cups with liners and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and coconut until mixed. Set aside.
3. In a larger mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, mix the dairy-free soy margarine with the sugar until the mixture is creamy and fluffy. Add the coconut milk, Egg Replacer mixture and cider vinegar, and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until just combined.
4. Portion the batter into the prepared pans and bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into one of the cupcakes emerges clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting with Dairy-Free Coconut Frosting or other dairy-free frosting of your choice.