Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- ¼ cup plain almond milk or soy milk
- 1 t. cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely ground cashews
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ginger
- ½ t. nutmeg
- ½ t. salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 T. dairy-free sour cream
- 1 t. maple or vanilla extract
- 1 Recipe Vegan Pumpkin Frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside. In a small cup, combine the almond milk (or soy milk) and vingear. Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugars, ground cashews, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, canola oil, dairy-free sour cream, maple or vanilla extract and almond milk-vinegar mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined. Divide the batter into the cups, filling each liner about ¾ full. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake emerges clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting with Vegan Pumpkin Frosting.