These are one of my favorite vegan cookie recipes. Ginger and chocolate make such a powerful, delightful team!
Makes about 24 cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 1/4 t. ground ginger
- 1/2 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 T. Egg Replacer powder
- 3 T. warm water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) dairy-free soy margarine
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 T. soy milk or almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup dark dairy-free chocolate chips
- Sugar, for dusting
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a small cup or bowl, whisk together the Egg Replacer powder and the warm water, mixing until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, cream the dairy-free soy margarine with the dark brown sugar until smooth, about 3-4 minutes. Add the molasses, soy milk, and the Egg Replacer mixture, beating until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until forming a stiff, slightly crumbly dough. Fold in the dark dairy-free chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet. Roll the dough between your palms to form 1" balls, placing each on the baking sheet as you work. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the surfaces crack slightly and the bottoms are golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.