These vegan brownies are always a hit with dairy-free kids and adults alike. To change up the recipe from time to time, feel free to add 1 t. of rum extract in place of the vanilla .
Makes one 9" x 13" pan of brownies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white granulated sugar (I prefer unrefined cane sugar)
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark dairy-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9"x13" baking dish and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well mixed. In another small mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, soy milk, canola oil and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined. Fold in the dairy-free chocolate chips.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean. Allow brownies to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before cutting into squares and serving.