With a shortbread feel and a cookie shape, these dairy-free delights are perfect for an after-dinner sweet with tea or coffee. These cookies also travel well in an airtight container for holiday traveling or dairy-free gifts.
Makes about 24 cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup finely ground cashews
- ¼ t. salt
- 2/3 cup honey
- ½ cup canola oil, olive oil or nut-based oil
- Fruit preserves or jam of choice
1. Heat oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, ground cashews and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the oil and honey until well combined. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until the mixture forms a dough that just holds together. (Dough should be drier than that of most cookie doughs but should not crumble.)
3. Form into 2" balls and flatten slightly, making a small well or "thumbprint" in the center of the cookie. Fill with jam or preserves of choice (I like mine with a lot, but to each her own) and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.