These cookies take mere minutes to make, and make excellent quick sweet snacks. Feel free to substitute the coconut for shaved dairy-free chocolate, wheat germ, or whatever flavor you're craving! For thinner cookies, divide the batter between 2 pans.
Makes about 16 thick squares
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 ½ cups finely ground raw cashews
- 1 T. orange juice
- 1 ½ t. canola oil
- 1 ½ c ups soymilk powder
- 1 ½ cups quick oats (also known as 1-minute oats)
- ½ cup grated coconut
- ¼ t. salt
- 2 T. soy margarine or refined coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
1. In a blender, process the ground cashews, orange juice and oil for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture is the consistency of peanut butter. Mix in the soymilk powder until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the quick oats, grated coconut, cardamom and salt until well combined. Add the oat mixture to the cashew mixture, stirring until just combined.
3. Melt the soy margarine in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in the maple syrup and add to the oat mixture, stirring until well combined. Spread the mixture into an 8” x 8” cake pan lined with parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours, or until set.
4. Cut into squares and serve.