This dairy-free, vegetarian version of the grocery-store sweet treat is so much better than the vacuum-packed varieties! This recipe calls for vegetarian marshmallow fluff, but for non-vegetarians store-bought fluff works just as well. For the ganache, this vegan ganache recipe is absolutely phenomenal.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 ¼ cups white flour
- ¼ cup soymilk powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) dairy-free soy margarine, such as Willow Run
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- ½ cup rice milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 Recipe Vegetarian Marshmallow Fluff (see head note)
- 1 Recipe dairy free Ganache (see head note)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, soymilk powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium-to-large bowl, using an electric hand mixer at a medium speed setting, cream the soy margarine with the white sugar until mixture is fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add in the egg whites and beat until well combined before adding the rice milk and vanilla extract and mixing until just combined.
4. Drop batter, about 3 T. for each cookie, onto baking sheets about 2-3 inches apart (they will spread!), and bake until cookies are slightly golden, about 12-15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely before assembling.
5. Assemble the cookies. Place 12 cookies bottom-side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread a generous amount of Vegetarian Marshmallow Fluff onto each cookie before topping with another cookie, bottom-side down. Pour several tablespoons of warm, freshly prepared Vegan Ganache over each cookie, spreading as desired. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes, or until ganache has set, and serve.