This lactose-free cookies recipe is a fun take on classic chocolate chip cookies, with dried cherries and a lot of flavor. A drier cookie, these are perfect with a hot cup of tea, coffee, dairy-free hot cocoa or dairy-free chai latte. And, they're so easy to make--no mixer required!
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 cup dairy-free soy margarine, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dried bing cherries
- 1 1/2 cups dark dairy-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Set aside an ungreased baking sheet.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour the dairy-free soy margarine, egg and vanilla. Working from the outside in, pull the dry ingredients into the wet until forming a soft, tough dough. Form the dough into 1" balls and place on the ungreased sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until light golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on a wire cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.