Makes one 8x8 inch pan of blondies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup Egg Replacer Powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 8 T. (1 stick) dairy-free soy margarine, melted1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 cup dark dairy-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 8 x8" square baking pan and line with parchment or foil. Lightly oil or grease (with dairy-free soy margarine) the parchment or foil and set aside.
2. In a small cup or bowl, whisk together the Egg Replacer and hot water until the mixture is smooth and gooey. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the melted margarine and sugars well until the sugars are dissolved and the mixture is combined. Add the vanilla and Egg Replacer mixture, whisking until combined.
4. In another mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spread the batter in the prepared pan and baked until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges with few or no crumbs, about 30-35 minutes. Allow the blondies to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then lift the blondies out by the parchment paper or foil, and allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling wrack before removing the paper and cutting.