These cookies are always a hit with kids and adults alike. Who can say no to cookies with healthy ingredients like banana, oats, and coconut? This recipe is also incredibly versatile; feel free to add raisins, dairy-free chocolate chips or other nuts.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) dairy-free soy margarine
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 T ground flax meal mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose baking flour
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 3/4 t. salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Light oil 2 large baking sheets.
2. In a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, cream together the dairy-free soy margarine, coconut oil and brown sugar until the mixture is well combined and "fluffy," about 4 minutes. Add the flax meal mixture, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
3. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until just combined. Fold in the oats, coconut and walnuts until evenly distributed.
4. Drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 " between cookies. Bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes, allowing cookies to cool on the pans for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.