These are by far my favorite vegan thumbprints. Feel free to substitute the strawberry preserves for raspberry, cherry or whatever goes well with vegan ganache!
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground cashews
- 2/3 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 t. vanilla
- Strawberry Preserves
- Vegan Ganache
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine, the flour, ground cashews, sugar, and salt until well mixed. In another small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until the dough comes together. (Mixture will be very dry and crumbly, but should hold together when you press it with your hands.) orm into 2" balls and flatten slightly, making a small well or "thumbprint" in the center of the cookie. Fill with the preserves and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown. Let the cookies cool completely on the pan.
3. Once cookies are cool, prepare the Vegan Ganache. Using a spoon, dot the ganache onto the strawberry preserves on each cookie. Let cool until set. Serve at room temperature or cold.