These rich delightful cookies are easy to make for everyday, but special enough to include in holiday parties or to wrap in decorative packaging as gifts.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: About 24 cookies
- 10 ounces pecans plus 24 pecan halves for topping cookies
- 1 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 t. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a food processor, process the 10 ounces of pecans until finely ground. Add the oats, flour, salt and cinnamon, and process until the mixture is well mixed and resembles a coarse meal.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, canola oil, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and process until forming a soft dough that just barely comes together.
4. Using your hands, form the dough into balls and place on the baking sheet about 1" apart, flattening each slightly so that each is about 1 1/2"-2" in diameter. Press a pecan half onto the center of each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool for 3-5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack.