These dairy-free brownies take brownies to a whole new vegan level by using avocado instead of unhealthy fats. Rich and delicious, you'd never guess that these sweets are good for you, too!
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: One 9"x13" pan brownies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain soy milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 t. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sixed mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until well-combined. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the mashed avocado, soy milk, water, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients, mixing until well combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is no longer shiny and a toothpick inserted into the center emerges with only a few crumbs. Allow brownies to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares and serving.