These are so much fun, not mention delicious! Feel free to dress these up with unsweetened shredded coconut, coco nibs or other nuts and raw ingredients of your choice.
For step-by-step instruction with photographs, visit my How to Make Raw Candy Bars tutorial!
Makes about 8-12 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups raw cashews, finely ground
- 6 T. agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 T. cold water
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- For the Caramel Filling:
- 3/4 cup raw tahini
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/8 t. sea salt
- For the Chocolate Topping:
- 1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or cold-pressed oil
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/8 t. salt
1. Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine the finely ground cashews, agave or maple syrup, cold water and salt, stirring until the mixture is very thick and just holds together. Press the mixture into the prepared pan and place the pan in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
2. Make the "caramel." In a small bowl, combine the tahini, syrup and salt, mixing until smooth. Spread the "caramel" over the cashew mixture and return the pan to the freezer for 1 hour more.
3. Make the chocolate topping. In a small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, syrup, oil, water and salt until smooth.
4. Line a plate or casserole dish with parchment paper. Remove the pan from the freezer, and, using a sharp knife, cut the mixture into bars. Dip each of the bars into the chocolate mixture, then place on the prepared plate or casserole dish. Pour any excess chocolate sauce over the bars, then return the plate or dish to the freezer for 1-2 hours more or until set. Serve from the freezer, and enjoy!