This is one of the simplest candy recipes to make, and these chocolate covered pretzels make a sweet treat for after school snack or school lunches.
Makes about 24-30 pretzels
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 12-ounce bag (2 cups) dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 T. dairy-free shortening or soy margarine
- About 24-30 hard pretzels, depending on size
1. In a small saucepan, bring several cups of water to a boil. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
2. Combine the chocolate and the shortening in a small heatproof bowl and set over the boiling water. (The bowl should not touch the water.) Stirring occasionally, heat until the chocolate melts completely.
2. One at a time, drop the pretzels into the chocolate, using a fork to retrieve them and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the chocolate is used. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.