This buckeye bars recipe is dairy-free, egg-free and vegan, but they're so delicious, no one will know! Perfect for back-to-school parties, birthdays for lactose-free kids, or Superbowl parties, this is one recipe you'll come back to again and again.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 11"x17" tray, about 30 pieces
- 3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 (1 1/2 sticks) dairy-free soy margarine
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 Recipe Dark Chocolate Ganache
1. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the creamy peanut butter and dairy-free soy margarine. Gradually add in the confectioners' sugar, beating until well-mixed and smooth. Using a spatula, smooth the peanut butter mixture in the bottom of a glass 11"x17" casserole dish. (The mixture may be a little crumbly, but it should hold together as you press it into the dish.)Place the dish in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
2. Prepare the Dark Chocolate Ganache, and pour the mixture over the chilled peanut butter filling. Return the dish to the refrigerator to chill for 2-3 hours or until set. Cut the bars into 1"-2" squares and serve cold.