I'm not the biggest fan of the microwave; in fact, I often forget it's even in my kitchen. That is, until I want this fudge--NOW! This recipe takes under 5 minutes to prepare and then just a few hours of chilling, so it's a great sweet treat for weekday chocolate cravings or last-minute parties.
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: One 8"x8" pan of fudge
- 1/2 cup soy milk or almond milk
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 18 ounces (about 3 cups) dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dairy-free soy margarine, chopped into pieces
1. Grease and line an 8"x8" dish with parchment paper, so that the parchment hangs over the sides slightly. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized heatproof bowl (that's big enough to fit the ingredients but small enough to fit into the microwave), mix together the soy milk and confectioners' sugar, mixing until smooth and combined. Add the coconut milk and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and soy margarine pieces, and stir until evenly mixed.
3. Microwave on the mixture on medium for about 2-5 minutes, stirring every minute or so, until all of the chocolate chips have melted. Remove from the microwave and stir the mixture until it is smooth and even in consistency and color. Pour into the prepared parchment-lined dish and refrigerate until set, about 3-4 hours. Serve cold.