A fun, elegant way to enjoy brownies, this brownie cake is phenomenal topped with this vegan ganache.
Makes 1 9" cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup plus 1 T. pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ t. baking powder
- ¾ t. salt
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ½ t. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9” round cake pan and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In another small mixing bowl, whisk together the water, almond milk, canola oil and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before icing with vegan ganache, if desired.