This gluten-free dairy-free cake is one of the easiest to prepare and it's so good--everyone will ask for the recipe!
As with any gluten-free dairy-free recipe, be sure to read your ingredient labels to make sure your chocolate, margarine, soy milk and other ingredients have been made in allergy-safe facilities.
Makes one 10" cake
- 12 ounces dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 cup dairy-free soy margarine
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups dairy-free soy milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 10" springform pan and dust the bottom and the sides with cocoa powder. Set aside.
2. In a double boiler or a stainless steel bowl set over simmering water, melt the dairy-free dark chocolate.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat the dairy-free soy margarine until creamy. Add the sugar and beat for 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined. Add the melted dairy-free chocolate and beat until creamy. Add the cocoa powder and dairy-free soy milk, beating until combined. Spread in the prepared pan and bake until the top cracks and a toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean, about 35-45 minutes. Allow the cake to cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Serve cold or at room temperature with coconut milk ganache if desired.