This couscous recipe is a healthy, wholesome way to start the day, and it's easy enough for weekday mornings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups almond milk, plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 T. orange juice
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 cups dry couscous
- 2 T. agave nectar or honey
- 2 T. finely chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnishing
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango or strawberries
1. In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the almond milk, coconut, orange juice, cinnamon and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, then stir in couscous, turn off the heat and cover. Let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork and toss with the agave nectar and fresh mint. Add extra almond milk if desired. Serve warm with fruit.