This healthy breakfast quinoa recipe is so easy to make and versatile; add whatever seasonal fruits you crave, from berries to apples!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 2 cups vanilla soy, rice, or almond milk, plus more for serving
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 T. sugar or liquid sweetener
- 1 medium-sized banana, chopped into pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup nuts, seeds and dried fruits of your choice
1. In a medium-sized sauce pan over medium-high heat combine the dairy-free milk, quinoa and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in the sugar or liquid sweetener, chopped banana, shredded coconut, and nuts and seeds of your choice. Serve warm with additional soy, rice, or almond milk if desired.