Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Yield: 2 8"x4" loaves
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 2 15-ounce cans pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil 2 8"x4" loaf pans. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, and spices. In another small bowl, mix together the pumpkin, canola oil, and coconut milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined. Fold in the chopped walnuts until evenly distributed.
3. Portion the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake for about 70-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean. Tent the loaves loosely with foil and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before removing from pans.