These baked cake doughnuts are so much fun, and, best of all, they're dairy-free, too! Feel free to dress up your cake doughnuts with whatever color sprinkles you like!
Makes about 12 doughnuts
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups plus 1 T. white granulated sugar
- 2 T. soy margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 Recipe Dairy-free Vanilla Icing, warmed
- Sprinkles, for decorating
1. Preheat the 325 F. Lightly oil a 12-doughnut doughnut pan or 12 cup mini tube pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another mixing bowl, beat the sugar with the softened soy margarine until combined. Add the eggs and beat until just combined, followed by the coconut milk and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until combined. Fill each doughnut cup about 3/4 full. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the doughnuts are lightly golden. Allow the doughnuts to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
3.Remove the doughnuts from the pan, dip each in the warm icing, followed by the sprinkles of your choice. Serve at room temperature.