These vegan graham crackers make delicious sweets when dipped in vegan dark chocolate or simple snacks served with soy or almond milk. Feel free to make your crackers as big or small as you like!
Makes about 4 dozen regular sized grahams
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) dairy-free soy margarine
- 3/4 cups all-purpose sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flours, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside. In another large mixing bowl, beat the margarine and sugar with an electric hand mixer until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the maple syrup and beat well until smooth. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, beating until forming a stiff dough. Form the dough into a flat rectangular disc, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/8" thick. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into rectangles and gently transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Press a fork several times into each cracker to create the traditional graham cracker "prongs", then dust lightly with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.