Who doesn't like peanut butter and bread? This peanut butter bread is delicious with jam--it's a new way to eat PB and J!
I prefer using Hawaiian sea salt for this recipe, but if this is not available, coarse salt is an adequate substitute.
Makes one 9"x5" loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar (I prefer unrefined cane sugar)
- 1/4 cup finely ground rolled oats
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup plain soy milk
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Coarse salt or Hawaiian sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly oil a 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, sugar, ground oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the warm water and peanut butter until the peanut butter "melts" into the water. Add the soy milk and lemon juice until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined. Spread mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the coarse salt. Bake until golden brown, about 65 to 75 minutes. Allow bread to cool completely. Serve at room temperature or warm, with jam if desired.