This dairy-free cheese is incredibly rich, creamy and versatile. It works well on its own, with crackers or bread as an appetizer or in a casserole or pasta dish. This recipe makes an 8" round, but it can be made into two smaller rounds if desired.
Makes one 8" round
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 T Egg Replacer powder
- 3 T warm water
- 16 oz. dairy-free cream cheese, such as Tofutti
- 1½ T nutritional yeast
- 1 t. prepared stone-ground mustard
- 1 T. honey or agave (if vegan, use agave!)
- 3 T sweet white miso, lower sodium variety
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lighly oil an 8-inch round cake pan or two deep soufflé dishes and then line with parchment. Set aside.
2.In a small bowl, combine the Egg Replacer powder with the warm water until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer on medium speed, mix the cream cheese, mustard, nutritional yeast, honey and miso until fluffy and well-combined, about 4 minutes. (If you skimp on the whipping time, your cheese will be dense and not as creamy.)
4. Add the Egg Replacer mixture and whip for 3 minutes more on medium-high speed. Spread cheese mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese is golden-brown in spots and has puffed up. Set on a cooling rack to cool. Turn out onto a serving plate and serve warm, at room temperature, or cold. (Leave it in round pan as long as possible and unmold just before serving. This will help this soft cheese keep its shape.)